Thursday, October 31, 2013

Ordering Decimals

I love it when a last minute idea turns out great. Last night I was trying to come up with a fun way for the students to review ordering decimals. So a quickly created this freebie.

Today all three classes completed the activity. It worked really well for those still struggling with comparing and ordering decimals. Being able to easily manipulate the numbers around helped them "see" which number belonged first, second, etc. Also, having the anchor numbers made it less overwhelming for my struggling students. Since everyone was working at their own pace, it made it easier for me to get around the room to help those who needed it.



Not only did they enjoy doing an "art" activity in math class, they loved displaying their work in the hallway. I have to admit I do not do it nearly enough.

I wish I had zoomed in for one of the shots. They really did a nice job.

Several students still need to finish coloring so we will be adding more to the wall tomorrow. They are anxious to get their work up there!

Did you do any Halloween theme activities in your classroom today? I would love to hear about them.

Happy Halloween!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...