Monday, September 2, 2013

Back to School and September Currently!

Tomorrow is my first official day back at school. The morning will be spent in a staff meeting and in the afternoon we will try to finalize our schedules. There are three 5th grade classes this year so we will need to figure out how to work in a three way switch. Each teacher will teach her focus subject to all three of the classes and then each of us is responsible for teaching ELA to our homeroom. In between I will try to put the finishing touches on my classroom and get ready for the students on Wednesday.

In the meantime I am once again participating in Farley's Currently.


Leave it at school - this is a big one for me. I really need to work on this. At least one day a week I need to leave it at school. By leave it I mean EVERYTHING - my school bag, the stress, parent/student concerns - and give my family the undivided attention they deserve!

Hugs everyday - My kids are growing up so fast I need to hug them while they will still let me.

Anyone else starting back tomorrow?

Kim

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea about leaving it at school. That is something I need to work on for sure!

    Simply Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes this school year! We started back 3 weeks ago, 5 teacher workdays and 10 teaching days down! LOVED having this weekend to 'reconnect'! Good luck tomorrow!

    Mathematically yours,
    Jamie aka MissMathDork!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...