Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pick 3 - January Pinterest Favorites



January is the time of year for new beginnings. A time to reevaluate and make changes. A time to get rid of what is not working and try something new. January's Pick 3 Pinterest Favorites is the great resource to help you find some great new ideas to use in your classroom. I am linking up once again with PAWSitively Teaching  and Inspired Owl's Corner to give you some inspiration. My picks are below.



I discovered this idea months ago and wish I had started using it right away. I can't tell you how many times I collect an assignment and then end up calling out names to figure out which students still have not passed it in. This will be particularly helpful when collecting permission forms that trickle in over several days.

Click here to connect with original pin



I don't know about you but no matter how many times or how much I purge my classroom I always appear to be busting at the seems. These ideas will help you get organized in the new year. I so need to make the bookshelf curtains to hid all my stuff.


Click here to connect to original pin


I have wanted to do this writing assignment for some time now. My plan after the holiday break is to first read The Snow Globe Family by Jane O'Connor to my class. Then my students will write about what it would be like to live in a snow globe. Finally they will complete these fun displays to highlight their creative writing assignment.


Click here to connect to the original pin.

Do you have pins that would be great to use in January? Link up below.



Be sure to check out all the other great pinterest ideas below.

9 comments:

  1. I love the snow globe! Great idea and seems to be very popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second pin looks like it is full of valuable ideas! I can't wait to check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the snow globe idea! Thank you for sharing!
    Palma (from KFUNdamentals)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such a great organizational tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I like your #2 idea for organizing the classroom.
    Thank you! And thanks for stopping by my blog:)

    BL Designs
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one who purges my classroom several times a year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use a check off list to check in homework, but I never thought of that for assignments- genius! I am doing the snow globe art/writing for sure! The classroom organization info will be great to peruse when I get free time! Thank you so much for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have pinned the exact same organisation pin! Wishful thinking by me :)
    Love the checklist idea, hadn't come across it in my pinning either.
    Thanks for some great ideas.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...