Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Questionnaire

I am liking up with Michelle from Fabulous in First for her Christmas Questionnaire.



Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?
Overall I like hot chocolate more but I do look forward to having some eggnog each year.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wraps them all in special Santa gift wrap

Colored lights or white?
White lights on our large Christmas tree and colored lights on the stairs and the small tree on the porch. Kids and husband have been trying to convince me to change to colored lights on the big tree. Not gonna happen!

When do you decorate? 
We start the day after Thanksgiving. The candles in the windows go up first. Then the tree. The rest happens over the next week or so depending on how busy we are. 

Real or Fake tree?
Fake. We don't have the room for a real tree. I found a 7' skinny tree at Michael's years ago that fits perfectly in our dining room.




What tops your tree?
An angel. Love her.




Favorite Christmas Memory or Tradition.
We get the kids pictures with Santa on Christmas Eve every year. It started when I was pregnant with my daughter. Being eight months pregnant, chasing a toddler, and teaching full time made me a bit behind that year. We went first things in the morning and were the second people in line. We have been going on Christmas Eve ever since. I actually tried to convince my kids to go earlier this year since vacation started early and they would have nothing to do with it. So off we went first thing this morning. We were second in line (our good friends had got there just before us).

Do you remember a favorite gift as a child?
My favorite gift was actually a hand me down from my older cousin. It was a doll that you could somehow flip her hair to change it from blonde to brunette. I so loved playing with that doll at her house and was beyond excited when she gave it to me one Christmas.

Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving. I love finding the perfect gift.

What is your favorite Christmas song?
That's an easy one. Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives. It just says Christmas to me.

Candy Canes, Yum or Yuck?
Yuck. As a kid I would want one so bad each Christmas but could never manage to finish a single one. 
  Favorite Christmas Movie?
It's a tie between Its a Wonderful Life and Christmas in Connecticut. I love the oldies.

Shop On-line or at stores?
This year I did a bunch on-line. There are always a few last minute things to pick up at the store.

Photo cards, letters or store bought cards?
Now that I have kids it is photo cards all the way.

Merry Christmas!

Kim







1 comment:

  1. I do love some online shopping! It's nice for figuring out what to look for in the stores, at least for some items!
    Merry Christmas!

    Sarah Beth
    Miss White's Classroom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...