Thursday, September 3, 2015

Pick 3 - September Linky

What happened to the summer?

The good news is that it is once again time for the Pick 3 Linky hosted by PAWSitively Teaching and the Inspired Owl's Corner.

Here are my 3 picks!

I know many of your are already back to school but September brings the first day of school for me. So right now my head is fixed on first day activities and open house ideas.

The first few days are all about getting to know your students. It is so important to take the time to get to know your students and let them get to know you. When they know you care about them, they are more willing to take risks and be invested in their own learning.

The activity below is one I have thought about doing for a while. This year I am finally going to do it and hang it up in the hall in time for Open House.

click image to view original pin


I always like having a treat for the parents when they arrive at open house. Last year I gave out peppermints. This year I want to change it up. Who doesn't love popcorn?
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/330803535107950431/
Click image to view original pin


I absolutely love this idea. This will be my third year using the parent wish jar at open house.
click the image to view original pin

It is great way to start to get to know your parent. The answer to the following question is very telling.  "If you had one wish this year for your child, what would it be?" I usually pull the jar back out around conference time to see how we are doing on accomplishing their wishes.


If you would like to see more pins like these, check out my Open House board here.

Be sure to check out the other blogs and see their 3 Septemeber ideas to inspire.

Do you have 3 pins you would like to share? Then link up below. I would love to see your ideas.


4 comments:

  1. I wish I had seen these pins before back to school night! I will have to pin them to use next year, or maybe they would work during conference week! Thank you for sharing and linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of having a treat for the parents at Open House. It's a nice idea to set a tone of welcoming. Parents will feel more comfortable sending their kids off to you every day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the sunglasses idea! It would make an adorable bulletin board for open house or back to school parent meetings! Thanks for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are ALL great pins, but I especially like the Parent Wish Jar.
    Good luck with your sunglasses. I bet they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...