Saturday, April 2, 2016

Divisibility Rules Freebie!

Whether you are teaching division or fractions your students need to know the divisibility rules. Throughout the the year I stress with my students the importance of number sense.

With the switch to Common Core and the division algorithm being moved to 6th grade I hold off on teaching the divisibility rules until our fraction unit. Simplifying fractions can be a struggle for students. The divisibility rules can help.

 There are three different page 2's in this freebie. It makes it easy to differentiate your lesson based on how much you want your students to write.
This notebook page has the rules and examples provided. I just had the student highlight the key words and examples. For others, I used the page that omitted the examples and had the students come up with their own. Would you like a copy of these pages? You can get it for free here.

Do you use an interactive notebook in your math class? How do you use them to differentiate instruction? Let me know by leaving a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...